Sunday, November 7, 2010

Shampoo

Ever wonder what kind of shampoo you should use? I often wonder if the more expensive shampoos are actually doing more for your hair, or if they are just another way for these companies to make more money. A good shampoo is supposed to get rid of oils, dirt, and dandruff and also make your hair smell good. The goal is to remove unwanted build up of these things without damaging your hair. If it gets damaged it can cause split ends. When you have enough split ends they become visible.

If you have finer hair, a shampoo that adds volume is best. It gives your hair more body and volume and allows you do style your hair in more ways. One of my good friends has the most beautiful curly hair, however, it is very hard to maintain. Along with many other styling products, she has to use shampoo especially for curly hair.

Personally, I think that it there are certain shampoos that work better for certain hair types, but you do not need to spend $20 dollars or more on one bottle. I think that is unnecessary, what do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I have the same issues. Have you ever used Bumble&Bumble? The 8oz. bottles are like liquid gold in price, $26 each! granted, my hair feels and smells wonderful. But, I also feel the same way when I use my Panteen Pro-V. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Nicole, I would never pay that much for shampoo, and I have never heard of that kind. haha I wonder how much celebrities pay for their shampoo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who knows. Somebody probably washes their hair for them everyday so they don't ever even pay for their stuff! Someday I'll have that luxury too. haha

    ReplyDelete