Wednesday, November 24, 2010

To Crimp or not to Crimp

When I was young a received a Conair hair device that had plates that were interchangeable. There was one that made your hair straight, one that put litle crimps in your hair, and another that made bigger more wave like crimps in your hair. I was so excited about! A couple years later crimping came back in the picture.

I think that longer hair especially looks really pretty when it is crimped. The best way that I have found to make your hair crimpy is by wetting it or showering at night. Before you go to bed braid your hair, preferrably french braids but any kind of braid will do the trick, and sleep on them. When you wake up in the morning if they are not completely dry yet dry on a low heat with a blow dryer. When you take out the braid your hair is perfectly and evenly crimped.

I usually spritz it with some hairspray and go on with my day. Pulling it back in a half pony-tail also works well.

2 comments:

  1. I love crimping my hair! It looks best is you have along hair though because sometime I look like a poodle lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha you could do a more subtle crimp though, maybe not as tight a more lose one!!

    ReplyDelete