Sunday, October 17, 2010

Bronzer--Sunkissed Glow or Oompa Loompa

For the past couple of years now I have seen girls looking increasingly more like Oompa Loompas. There is a fine line between being orange and having a sun kissed glow. Many times this orange-ness is caused by tanning beds, but a lot of the time it is becuase of the Lancome, or whatever type of bronzer it is that they choose to use. Personally, I would rather be as pale as Kristen Stewart's character Bella in the Twilight series than look orange.

I have to admit though, I do use bronzer. It is a mineral poweder and only gives me a sunkissed look. I know that it does not make me look orange because my roommate would never let me leave my apartment looking orange, plus while standing next to people in pictures I never stick out because of my skin color. Has anyone else seen the increase in orange-ness lately?

I also hate the fact that everyone goes tanning all the time. I know people who continue to pay for their orange-ness even in the summer months when they could get it for free by simply going outside for a half hour or so.

Back to bronzers--A good solution is to use a tinted moisturizer in a shade or two deeper than your skin tone. Another option is to cut your liquid bronzer with a drop of regular moisturizer. This will boost up your color just enough makign it look believable, especially in the fall or winter. Ladies who use too much bronzer, cut it out. No one wants to see someone looking orange, especially when there is two feet of snow on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment