Monday, October 4, 2010

Mondays. Worth the effort?

Today is a rather cold fall Monday here in the beautiful city of Berea. I read my horoscope last night and it said that I should make myself up today. Normally, on any other Monday my hair is up in a  pony tail and my body is comforted by the warmth of a sweatshirt and sweatpants. This Monday however, I woke up and turned on my curling iron. I decided I would put a little bit of effort into my looks today. I actually put on a pair of jeans to go to class in. As I sit here and write this however, I am back to the comfort of my Ohio State sweatpants and a t-shirt.

As my Conair 1" barrel curling iron heated up I questioned myself on if it was really worth it to put makeup on or not. I decided it was, so I put on my usual mascara. When the curling iron heated up I began to curl my hair piece by piece. What should have taken me a good half hour only lasted about 15 minutes. Although I have a lot of hair, it is very fine. Curling it can take as little as 15 minutes or as long as 40. It depends on the amount of curl I want in my hair on a given day.

Although my wonderful curling iron has been so very faithful to me for the past 6 or 7 years, I do believe it is time to get another one. It has run its course, my only problem is I'm not sure what kind to purchase next. Should I stick with the faithful one or test drive another option? Does anyone know of a brand that has worked out in their favor?

I have heard that Chi works the best, but after doing some research I'm not sure it is in my budget to spend 75 dollars or more on a new curling iron. Some are going as high as 150 dollars! Now don't get me wrong I love beauty and everything that comes along with it, however 150 dollars seems a bit extreme to me. If I could find one that works just as well, but for less than half of that, I would be content.

Anyway, as the day progresses my hair becomes straight once again. I have always had naturally pin straight hair and have always wanted beautiful curly hair, so most times when I go out I curl my hair.  So I guess what I am trying to say is that on this ordinary Monday, the effort was not worth waking up an extra 15 minutes early.

I guess it is how the saying goes, "You always want what you don't have."

2 comments:

  1. you could always look at ebay for Chi products. I bought a Chi straightener on there and it was only $60...a lot cheaper than the usual $120!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh thats so much cheaper nicolle! do you like how it workks?

    ReplyDelete