Sunday, October 17, 2010

French Braids

As a little girl I taught myself how to french braid. As I have gotten older I have expanded the knowledge I have of french braids to fishtail braids and reverse french braids (cornrows). Although french braids remind me of being a young girl, and tend to make me look like a young girl when I rock them, I will continue to. They are a great way to get my hair out of my face and keep it contained.

The side braid, which is a french braid done on the side of your head, is such a versatile look. It can be worn very casually or it can be dressed up with a flower or some kind of hair accessory. I love this braid because it gets my bangs out of my face.

Another classic braid is the french braided pigtails--one of my favorites. I have spent countless hours french braiding other girl's hair into pigtails. Whether it was before a sporting event, or even so they could wake up the next day with a crimped hair-do.

I believe that no matter what, the french braid will always be in style. Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I love a french braid!!! I wish I knew more people that could french braid so they could do my hair! I can't do it myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only do myself lol its harder for me to braid other peoples hair!

    ReplyDelete